Saturday, April 4, 2009

Feelings from General Conference

This weeks topic: What you got out of general conference? What feelings do you have? Was there a theme? Share anything about the overall feel of conference.

3 comments:

  1. I was able to catch the first sessions on Saturday and Sunday and the beginning of the second session on Saturday. I love the second session when the names of the leadership of the church are read and we sustain these servants of God. It just feels really good to see all these people in the congregation supporting people they don't know but know the Lord has called them into this leadership position.

    The other key thing I caught from Saturday's session was the first talk by Elder Hales I believe. He talked about coveting and I realize that I have a problem with coveting what others have. Since the talk if I catch myself coveting someone's life I stop and think of a positive aspect this person brings into my life. This is helping me be a better person and to stop coveting. I plan to reread this talk and maybe listen to it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the talk on Sunday morning where the speaker (can't think of the name right now) spoke about how Heavenly Father shapes our backs to be able to carry the burdens that we have. This was a great way to visualize just how individualized Heavenly Father helps us either through growth opportunities or help when we ask for it.

    A few friends have some idea of what the past era of my life has been for me. Painful is a word that comes to mind. But, just as the speaker said, I was able to carry the load, the burden, the trial. And just when I was about to crack: help through others, help through changes in circumstances, and help through answered prayers, kept me going.

    I just hope that I keep my back moldable so that Heavenly Father can do his work to help me carry my burdens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fortunately, I was able to catch all of conference over the week. It is great that the website pages allows replays. The change of time thing killed me to watch live the entire time. So I saw all the sessions, some a few times (young women's and the saturday morning session- until I figured out how to change to another session). I love it all. I loved hearing all the sessions and listening to the leaders of the church. I love that the Prophet realized that we need to hear more about the self-staining purposes and to get out of debt. He also gave in-site to how to continue in times of trouble. One of my favorite talks was President Eyrings talk in the Sunday afternoon session I believe. he discussed staying with in your goals, financing and to improve yourself the ways you can. It was great to hear. I also loved Elder Bednar's talk and President Utchdorf's talk as well. I cannot wait to read read them all. I put a note to myself (could not function to much at that point, but I definitely want to read ) Elder Oakes talk. I wrote it 5 times on 2 sheets of paper, so some impression must of stuck with me. I cannot wait to get my May ensign to re-read it all.
    Otherwise conference was great. There's a lot to take away and I still need to sit down and re=read my notes on conference.

    ReplyDelete