Friday, March 27, 2009

Prayers

Michelle I love your post.  It is so, so true.  I love how you connected that Heavenly Father just wants us to know how we are doing as we contact our family and friend to see how they are doing.  I know that he listens to my prayers on a daily basis.  I cannot say I pray as often as I should, but I do try my hardest to remember.  Sometimes I get so bogged down in life, I forget to notify Heavenly Father that I need his help.  But when I ask and wait patiently, he answers my prayers.  A few quick examples....
Last year after I found out I was accepted into AISTS I was so excited.  I had prayed on that one very much so (as I wrote my essay, as I sent in my application, as I waited to hear the answer).  When I got the answer that I was accepted, I continued to pray to see if this was his plan for me.  At one point I had to make my first tuition payment.  I had not finalized all my finances at the point, so I prayed to see if this was his plan.  I continued to search for financing for school and continued to pray.  One day while reading, I got the most astonishing answer from Heavenly Father.  A huge sense of "continue on your path and all will be fine" came loud and clear.  It was amazed.  I have received confirmation from Heavenly Father in the past, mostly as I read scripture, my answers to my prayers were answered.  But this time, I was not reading scripture (book for pleasure instead) and he gave me the answer.  I proudly payed my tuition payment for this year and never looked back.  Not to say that I did not have trouble in October, but I knew that Heavenly Father had promised all would be okay, and all is.  
Secondly, last month when I was struggling with some family issues, I prayed to Heavenly Father to assist me with the strength and understanding I needed to handle the situation.  I continued to faithfully pray and read scriptures.  Then I went to the Temple in Bern for the first time.  I prayed there as well.  I was really struggling with this issue and needed his guidance.  Well in the Temple my prayers were answered.  Heavenly Father provide me with the comfort I needed to deal with the situation.  He gave me the strength and understanding I needed.  He gave me peace more than anything else.
Prayer is often overlooked.  We need to remember to put it into our daily lives.  We need not only to pray during a meal or with our families, but we need to personally communicate with Heavenly Father.  There are things we cannot say in a group, there are things that we can only say to Him.  This is what our personal prayers are for.  I love that I have a Heavenly Father that allows me to pray to him my deepest thoughts and never disappoints me.  I know his answers are personally for me and I have experienced is omniscience power to proved for me personally.  I am thankful for this.  I say these thing in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen

1 comment:

  1. Your experience about paying tuition strengthen others' faith as well.

    ReplyDelete